Friday, March 21, 2014

Pocket Life with Jen

Happy Friday and happy Spring to all! Today I am sharing my week 7 using the March PL and PL Embellishment kits. For this layout, I pulled from the softer colors of the Day Dreamer 6x6 pad and the CTK exclusive cards to work with the photos of winter and Valentine's week.

JenB_MarPL_1
When baby girl photos are involved pink is always just right! The CTK flair in the PL kit this month was spot on perfect. When documenting a hilarious quote from my 4 year old son, I used a snippet from one of the cut apart sheets in the 6x6 pad (remember) to turn the "She said" OA card to the gender appropriate "he said."

JenB_MarPL_2
This week my mother and my uncle were both visiting from out of town and I made sure to include photos of them with the kids and to document some of what we did. I wanted to add Valentine's day but, not overwhelm the week's happenings so, I used a photo of my three children on the holiday along with the heart shaped donuts that have become a yearly traditional treat. In the left corner? Documenting real life as we experienced an ice dam which caused major damage to our kitchen. The raindrop pattern in the 6x6 pad was very appropriate, as was the "overflowing" stamp from the PL set.

JenB_MarPL_3

I kept my weekly card in the same soft tones. the ampersand and In Review pieces are from the OA pack (Thickers were from a previous months' kit).

JenB_MarPL_4
For the carousel photo of my youngest son with my mom, I used just the Magic piece from one of the cut apart cards. And, to highlight my husband shoveling even more snow, the darling Elle's Studio alphabet and one of the DL stickers.

JenB_MarPL_5
And, here are your sketches this week:

JenB_MarPLSketches

2 comments: