Monday, July 29, 2013

Simple Strategies : Adding Mini Album To Your PL Album

Hello there! Its Sam today to show you one of the simple way to incorporate a mini album into your Project Life album.

I always like to make mini album to store all my travelogue, photos and memorabilia from my trip. When there's a week that I actually went travelling, I would prefer making a mini album and slot it into the respective weekly PL spread. And here is the mini album I made for my friend's Spain trip using July Main kit and add-ons.

Spain Mini AlbumP7040457


And today I am going to show you how to modify the normal 8.5 x 11 inch (letter sized) page protector to fit my mini album that measures about 7 x 7 inch. This is how it looks like when I fit it into my normal weekly spread. This simple strategy tutorial is totally inspired by Kasia on how she stores her layouts. 

TutorialP7220672


These are the tools that you need:

  • Mini album
  • Page protector (I use American Crafts 8.5 x 11 sleeve)
  • Patterned paper of your choice
  • Tape glue
  • Twine (from the kit packaging)
  • We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile
  • 1-inch circle punch
  • 2 x eyelets
  • Scissors & Paper trimmer

TutorialP7220641


Firstly cut paper stripe measuring 6 x 12 inch, fold at 2 inch mark (on the short side). Then punch two 1-inch circles and punch each a small hole in the centre of the circle using Crop-a-dile.
TutorialP7220648


Move on to trimming the height & width of the page protector to fit the album snugly. You could skip this step if you do not have a sewing machine.

TutorialP7220649


I eyeball the length (top & side) that needed to be trimmed down. You could leave about 1/2 to 1 inch extra room for  your album.
TutorialP7220651


Then use tape glue to stick the paper stripe to the back of the page protector. You could staple it down or stitch with sewing machine to make sure the paper adhere to the plastic sleeve.

TutorialP7220654


I trimmed the corner to make it looks more like an envelop and stitch all the corner. Again, you can skip this step if you do not have a sewing machine.

TutorialP7220658


Punch a small hole in the middle of the front flap & plastic sleeve . Again, I eyeball the placement of the hole.

TutorialP7220660


Add the 1 inch circle & eyelet on the hole and set it with Crop-a-dile. Then wrapped twine around the bottom circle.

TutorialP7220665


Here is the final product. A thinner album would fit into this sleeve nicely but I went crazy adding embellishment to my album. If you have any question about customizing your own page protector, do comment and ask!

TutorialP7220671


And now I would like to share photos of my album here.

Spain Mini AlbumP7040459


Spain Mini AlbumP7040463


Spain Mini AlbumP7040465


Spain Mini AlbumP7040468


I use the pastel blue chalk ink to color the '&' wood veneer.

Spain Mini AlbumP7040470


Spain Mini AlbumP7040472


Spain Mini AlbumP7040474


Inspire by the vellum die cut from Studio Calico Atlantic collection, I added vellum pages too.

Spain Mini AlbumP7040485


Spain Mini AlbumP7040491


Thanks for looking and readinf such a long post! And I hope you have a great week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini is beautiful Sam!!! I love it! Great tip on how to incorporate it into an PL album too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tip, Sam!! And I love the mini!! :)

    ReplyDelete